Featured post

Boxing Picks 2024- Anthony Joshua vs Francis Ngannou (March 8th)

Knockout Chaos comes to our television screens on Friday evening with another big card put together by Saudi Arabia, who continue to have a ...

Saturday 10 November 2012

College Football Week 11 Picks 2012

I seriously cannot understand why I am beginning to second guess myself... Hold that thought, I can understand as I have sucked at picking the College Football games this season, but I honestly feel I left so much on the table last week and was mad at myself.

Anyway, I've given up hoping things will turn around as it has just been one of those seasons, but here are the picks I am playing today:


Iowa State Cyclones @ Texas Longhorns Pick: I am taking the Longhorns to put a small smile on their supporters faces after a disappointing season for the most part. I like them to cover the spread for the following reasons:

First, Texas are on a bye after this game so I fully expect them to be motivated and focused on winning this one.


Second, the Longhorns have dominated the recent series going 8-1 at home against Iowa State and they will also want revenge having lost the last time they played here.

Third, I think there is a chance that the Cyclones are looking ahead to the game with Kansas next on the schedule as the one they can win and book their place as being Bowl eligible.


Wisconsin Badgers @ Indiana Hoosiers Pick: This won't be easy for Wisconsin, but I think they can do enough to cover the spread for the following reasons:

First, the Badgers have dominated the recent series, going 5-1 against the spread. They have also won 3 in a row in Indiana, covering the spread twice.

Second, motivation is still extremely high as they will be in the Big Ten Championship Game if they can win this game as both Ohio State and Penn State are ineligible as the two teams above them.

Third, Indiana have been playing a lot of teams tough in the last few weeks and I just think that could catch up with them if Montee Ball gets rolling for the Badgers.


Missouri Tigers @ Tennessee Volunteers Pick: I am going to back the Tennessee Volunteers to win their first SEC game of the season and cover the spread for the following reasons:

First, home field advantage should be critical when two evenly matched teams contest this game and that goes to the Vols in this one.


Second, Missouri put in a big effort to play Florida incredibly tough last week in the Swamp and that could take its toll against a Tennessee side that played a non-Conference opponent.


Third, I just have more faith in the Tennessee Offense to make enough big plays to see them home in this one, while Missouri have underwhelmed for the most part this season when against SEC foes and may be feeling a little physically worn out after last week.


Arizona St Wildcats @ USC Trojans Pick: I am going to back the USC Trojans to win this game and cover the spread for the following reasons:

First, despite this being a disappointing season, the USC Trojans are still in a position where they can win the PAC-12 South and get into the Championship Game to gain a bit of revenge over the Oregon Ducks.


Second, the Trojans are playing with revenge on their mind in this one following a loss in Arizona State last season and they are the better team.

Third, both teams have been in poor form, but I have much more faith in USC in this one to turn things around and get ready for their huge game against UCLA next week in style.


Texas A&M Aggies @ Alabama Crimson Tide Pick: After their win in Baton Rouge last weekend, I am backing the Crimson Tide to keep rolling in this one against a tough Aggies team. I like Alabama to cover for the following reasons:

First, Texas A&M have been a big surprise this season as Johnny Manziel has come along brilliantly as a Freshman, but this is the toughest test he would have faced having previously come up against Florida and LSU at home.


Second, the Crimson Tide are rolling along nicely and I think they will be able to shut down the Aggies to some extent, while also creating field advantage opportunities.

Third, I just think this road test will be too much for what is a young Aggies team for the most part.


Georgia Bulldogs @ Auburn Tigers Pick: I like the Georgia Bulldogs to win this game and cover the spread for the following reasons:

First, Auburn are just about to fire Gene Chizik as Head Coach and the team have clearly given up on their Coach and season.

Second, Georgia are absolutely focused on this game with a win securing the SEC East and a place in the Championship Game.

Third, Auburn were blown out in their last 2 games at home against SEC rivals and this is arguably the best team to visit since LSU early in the season.


I was hoping to put up my reasons for my last few picks that I had, but it's not going to be possible this week, although you can find my full picks below... On another note, what a heartbreaking loss for Tennessee and likely the end of the Derek Dooley era after 3 poor seasons with little encouragement of the future.


MY PICKS: Texas Longhorns - 10.5 Points @ 1.95 Pinnacle (1 Unit)
Wisconsin Badgers - 7 Points @ 1.92 Coral (1 Unit)
Tennessee Volunteers - 3 Points @ 1.95 Pinnacle (1 Unit)
USC Trojans - 8.5 Points @ 2.00 Paddy Power (1 Unit)
Alabama Crimson Tide - 13.5 Points @ 1.92 Bet Victor (1 Unit)
Georgia Bulldogs - 14.5 Points @ 1.92 Labrokes (1 Unit)
SMU Mustangs - 14 Points @ 1.92 Ladbrokes (1 Unit)
UCF Knights - 13.5 Points @ 1.92 Coral (1 Unit)
Notre Dame Fighting Irish - 19.5 Points @ 1.95 Pinnacle (1 Unit)

No comments:

Post a Comment