Featured post

Boxing Picks 2024- Anthony Joshua vs Francis Ngannou (March 8th)

Knockout Chaos comes to our television screens on Friday evening with another big card put together by Saudi Arabia, who continue to have a ...

Tuesday 18 October 2011

European Football Picks (October 18th-20th)

Due to work commitments, I have not been able to put my 'Things We Learned' post that I usually manage each week, and even this post will not be very long as I get ready to to start breaking down the College Football games and the NFL games coming up in the next week.

I will update this post as the day progresses and my European plays are put down. I have had a mixed start to October so far, but am breaking down the games to the best of my ability and trying not to overthink things, that leading me to bypass winning picks and going for something a little more 'exotic'.

I'll update the Twitter page whenever new picks are put down.

My picks are:

Manchester City v Villarreal Pick and Preview (http://goonersguide.com/football-pick-12061-Manchester-City-v-Villarreal.htm)

Otelul Galati v Manchester United Pick and Preview (http://goonersguide.com/football-pick-12068-Otelul-Galati-v-Manchester-United.htm)

Real Madrid v Lyon Pick and Preview (http://goonersguide.com/football-pick-12079-Real-Madrid-v-Lyon.htm)

Chelsea v Genk Pick: The Champions League has been a tough tournament to predict as some teams are playing way below expectations, while the big difference in quality between other teams means the Handicaps are being set ridiculously high.

The only bet I will be having tonight is on Fernando Torres to score first- Torres should be fired up for the game as he has been serving a domestic suspension (which still has 1 game to run) and I feel he will be getting the nod up front for some game time.

Genk will give Chelsea chances, and Torres is more than capable to adding to the goals he scored against Manchester United and Swansea, and he has definitely been looking livelier of late. I would recommend taking this at BetFred at 3.75 as they offer a special where they will double the odds if your player scores first and then scores another goal, or treble the odds if he scores first and goes on to complete a hat-trick.

This is a pick only for the followers of the blog as I didn't have time to write a full preview of the game.


MY PICKS: Manchester City - 1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.00 Pinnacle (3 Units)
Manchester United - 1.75 Asian Handicap @ 1.85 Pinnacle (2 Units)
Real Madrid win to nil @ 2.00 Ladbrokes (2 Units)
Fernando Torres to score first @ 3.75 BetFred (1 Unit)


October Update: 7-13, - 4.78 Units

No comments:

Post a Comment