Featured post

Boxing Picks 2024- Anthony Joshua vs Francis Ngannou (March 8th)

Knockout Chaos comes to our television screens on Friday evening with another big card put together by Saudi Arabia, who continue to have a ...

Monday 26 March 2012

Tennis Picks March 26th (Miami)

Ewww, what a horrible day of picking winners yesterday as all three picks fail to reach the winners circle. The John Isner result was the one that surprised me the most considering his form coming into the event, and I am now hoping that is my one bad day in this tournament.

I have decided I am going to recap this tournament and the Indian Wells tournament together at the end of this event... It just makes more sense to recap the first two Masters events together and time has been a factor in my decision.


Kevin Anderson v Mardy Fish: I just don't believe that Kevin Anderson is the right underdog in this match considering the form of the two players, with the big South African winning in Delray Beach recently, and Mardy Fish losing early in every tournament he has played this season so far.

Fish is a good player, but I just think he may be on his way down the Rankings and the loss to Matthew Ebden last time out at Indian Wells is more than disappointing.

This match is also due to take place on the faster Grandstand court, and I think that will benefit the booming Anderson serve.

Fish beat Anderson in three tight sets at the US Open, but I think Anderson can reverse that here and come through in a match that could go the distance.

Fernando Verdasco v Nicolas Almagro: I am a big fan of what Nicolas Almagro has already achieved in 2012 and I think he could be a top 10 player sooner rather than later with the clay court season about to start, but I did mention that I believe Fernando Verdasco is in for a big week here and I am going to back him in this pick 'em contest.

Verdasco has begun to show some of the form that took him high up the Rankings in 2009 and he will appreciate playing his compatriot who he has beaten 5 out of the 7 meetings they have had, including the most recent at Acapulco.

Almagro is more than capable on the hard courts, but I just think Verdasco is going to be a little too strong and will come through in a couple of tight sets.

Sabine Lisicki + 3.5 games v Na Li: Na Li has been picking up a little bit of form in her last tournament at Indian Wells and here in Miami, but I think Sabine Lisicki can at least keep this close against her although I am not sure which of the two players will be progressing through to the Quarter Finals.

Lisicki has not been in great form, but a couple of wins here should have given her a confidence boost and she has also won the two previous meetings with Li.

I just have a feeling this match could go the distance, so the extra games on Lisicki's side may make all the difference.


MY PICKS: Kevin Anderson @ 2.10 Ladbrokes (1 Unit)
Fernando Verdasco @ 1.90 Sporting Bet (2 Units)
Sabine Lisicki + 3.5 games @ 2.00 188Bet (2 Units)



Weekly Update: 6-5, + 1.81 Units (16 Units Staked)

No comments:

Post a Comment