Featured post

Boxing Picks 2024- Anthony Joshua vs Francis Ngannou (March 8th)

Knockout Chaos comes to our television screens on Friday evening with another big card put together by Saudi Arabia, who continue to have a ...

Monday 27 February 2012

Tennis Picks February 28th

I had a pretty average week last week in all honesty as too many picks fell by the wayside- That meant I decided to take a couple of days to myself to re-evaluate the picks I made and whether I could have done something better myself.

I was a little unfortunate in some ways, but in others I just made bad picks and it is good to have a couple of days to recharge the batteries.

I also decided not to make any outright picks this week as I think the tournaments are all a little tough to call, while Acapulco didn't release their draw until late yesterday evening.

That also means a lot of the layers are taking their time getting their full markets up for the matches in play so picks will be out as soon as all the markets are in play.

We have a full schedule in Dubai tomorrow, while both Acapulco and Delray Beach will release their markets later on. I will update my Twitter page whenever I make new picks and will post a link to this thread.

Ivan Ljubicic win 2-0 in sets v Flavio Cipolla: Ivan Ljubicic is coming to the end of a decent career, but I still think he is going to be too strong for the Italian whose best performances are usually on the slower clay courts.

The Dubai courts will play fairly fast during the day and that should only aid Ljubicic's serve and I think he will do enough in each set to take this match in straights.

Cipolla is always liable to throwing in a bad service game, while Ljubicic beat him on his home court in Rome last year in fairly standard fashion.

Nicolas Mahut-Feliciano Lopez Over 23 total games: These two players are both very good servers and not so good at returning so we could see a couple of sets going deep, either reaching a tie-break or coming close to reaching a tie-break.

It is also worth noting that their last 3 matches against one another have gone the distance, with the last 2 matches seeing at least 2 tie-breaks played.

I have a feeling this will go all the way too and I can't pick a winner so taking this at odds against looks reasonable.

Jeremy Chardy - 3.5 games v Rui Machado: Jeremy Chardy failed to qualify for the event in Argentina last week, but he had been in good form during this South American clay court swing and I think his serve is going to make it a little easier for him tonight than Rui Machado.

Chardy has the ability to get through his service games with a little bit of comfort when his serve is on form, and he should be in much better heart than his opponent that has lost all 5 matches he has played so far this season.

Machado's best record is on the Challenger Tour and I think he will have a harder time holding on to serve and Chardy should be able to come through with a break in each set.


MY PICKS: Ivan Ljubicic win 2-0 in sets @ 2.38 Paddy Power (2 Units)
Nicolas Mahut-Feliciano Lopez Over 23 Total Games @ 2.10 188Bet (2 Units)
Jeremy Chardy - 3.5 games @ 2.00 10Bet (2 Units)


Weekly Picks: 10-12, - 4.7 Units (45 Units Staked)


Season 2012: + 14.05 Units (184 Units Staked, + 7.64%)
Season 2011: + 82.02 Units

No comments:

Post a Comment