Featured post

Boxing Picks 2024- Anthony Joshua vs Francis Ngannou (March 8th)

Knockout Chaos comes to our television screens on Friday evening with another big card put together by Saudi Arabia, who continue to have a ...

Wednesday 7 August 2019

Canadian Masters Tennis Picks 2019 (August 7th)

After two miserable days at the Canadian Masters, I have decided to take a short break from the Tennis Picks and get back to them when the Cincinnati Masters begins on Sunday.

I don't mind having a bad day or two, but when you see the way the luck is working against you and with other negative thoughts around the mind after a difficult ten days, it is very much the best decision to hit the reset button and just allow things to settle down.

My decision was made during the early matches on Tuesday- Gilles Simon had basically lost nine more points than Radu Albot, but that had translated to a 5-10 deficit in terms of games which showed that every big point was being won by the the player I had opposed. In fact he was very fortunate to have such a lead and my frustration was added to when noting the amount of break points Dan Evans saved in multiple games compared to Alex De Minaur who was broken without saving a single break point.

It kept going like that and has followed on from a poor Monday, when more poor break point conversion rates hurt my selections, and I think it is the best decision to allow the mind to settle down before cracking on with a positive season.

I have found my selections have been really poor at the Canadian Masters whenever the men head to Montreal and the women play in Toronto too so this is the best 'Picks' I can make this week to shut things down for a few days.


That doesn't mean it is going to be a quiet week for this blog- on Friday I will have the first Fantasy Football thread of the season with my thoughts on the opening weekend of the Premier League. I am also preparing a short piece about Manchester United although that is likely to go live early next week and the Cincinnati Masters will begin on Sunday.

Good luck for those playing the Tennis for the remainder of this tournament. Season totals will be updated when the Cincinnati Masters begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment