Featured post

NBA PlayOffs 2024- Conference Semi Final Picks Game 1-4 (May 4-13)

There are two Game 6's to be played on Friday 3rd May, but two of the Conference Semi Finals have been set without needing a decider and...

Thursday 27 April 2023

Madrid Masters Tennis Picks 2023 (April 28th)

So I've made a very early decision to take a break from the Tennis Picks until at least the Rome Masters, but most likely until the French Open after a horrific first day at the Madrid Masters.

I think you have to make a decision like that when you have a day that is following two tournaments where I actually can't understand how some of the selections have lost.

Making this early decision means I can sit down and really look to find the answers, but I simply think some of the luck against the Picks has been absolutely horrific and that cannot be something I can tolerate.

At the moment it seems like I can back a favourite and they will simply come out and play like they have never see a Tennis court before, while any underdog I pick will produce a terrible day.

That was the case on Thursday and ultimately it is better to take a step back than push on knowing that there is a negativity around the approach that cannot be resolved by pushing through. Instead I have to make more adjustments and just prepare for the second Grand Slam of the season to get this season back on track having gone off the rails in Miami, Monte Carlo and Madrid.

When you see players have more Break Point chances and still struggle over the line or fail to capitalise, you know the approach isn't that far off, but I think I'm feeling frustrated with the process and having a day like I did on Thursday is simply not good enough.

As I have mentioned above, I can write off days like that where you know the Picks have been poor and they deserved to lose, but that was not the case in the opening selections and that only irritates, which will lead to bad decisions. So instead I will be watching the Tennis and making notes on players that can and cannot be trusted when the French Open rolls around at the end of May, assuming I will not be looking to dive back in when the Rome Masters is played early next month.

Good luck to those sticking with things, but I am focusing on a big French Open instead and then the grass court season and for now these pages will be sticking with the NBA PlayOffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment