Featured post

NBA PlayOffs 2024- First Round Picks Games 1-4 (April 20-29)

NBA PlayOffs 2024- First Round Picks, Games 1-4 (April 20-29) It is quite hard to believe that we are already into the NBA PlayOffs with the...

Friday 23 April 2021

Tennis Picks 2021 (April 23rd)

Another day and some more poor moments within matches have just swung things against my Tennis Picks which continues to frustrate more than disappoint.

Even Pablo Carreno Busta did his best to lose a match he was dominating, or at least fail to cover the handicap, but thankfully that was not the case.

Regardless I am really disappointed with my results in the first two months of the season and it is a far cry from the profitable seasons I have enjoyed in recent years. Some adjustments have to be made by me, but I also have to believe that the breaks are going to eventually start going my way especially if players keep dominating in all statistical areas bar the scoreboard.


Ultimately it is the scoreboard that is most significant and, no matter how things shake up, the results have not been good enough as far as I am concerned. I wrote in the last post that I would take the rest of the month off if the Thursday results were not good enough and that is where I stand after another 2-3 where players continue to miss their own break point chances but can't prevent opponent's from taking the few opportunities that come their way.

It was during the Stefanos Tsitsipas win over Alex De Minaur that this decision was made- he has been in such hot form, but to only win three return points in the first five games and then wait until he couldn't cover before going into overdrive and dominating the match was the final straw for me.

The second you start believing the negative feelings around any selection then it is best to just stick a pin in things for now. I will get back to it when the Madrid Masters comes around in early May and that will be the big run towards the French Open during which time I will be demanding nothing but good results and no excuses from myself.


Before then I will have my second NFL Mock Draft with the real Draft taking place next Thursday, while I will also have the Weekend Fantasy thoughts out for the Premier League with the deadline set for Friday afternoon.

And before you know it we will be into the third Masters event of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment